Saturday, May 1, 2010

things i like

today i decided to share a few things i am currently obsessed with (besides interior decorating). some are new obsessions, while others have become staples in my life.


1. hot rollers
i have hot rollers/curlers in my hair as we speak. a few weeks ago i discovered these underneath the sink. i have vivid memories of my mom putting in her hot rollers as she got ready for work in the morning. i decided to give them a shot. i found it tricky to get them to stay put and there really weren't enough for my thick hair. thankfully, then end result was still so frickin fabulous. volume without being too curly. i will definitely be using hot rollers instead of the flat iron for a while.


2. blazers
so my blazer obsession started off around senior year of high school but it wasn't until late last year that i actually started wearing them. i have black blazers, boyfriend blazers, accidental knock-off blazers (you fooled me ebay), sequins blazers, and a white blazer. it's funny how my favorite ones tend to be the cheapest ones. aka my amazing $7 blue sequins blazer. i seriously could wear a blazer everyday. ironically, i'm not a big fan of suits.



3. vintage fyre boots
i have been on mad quest to find a new pair of vintage frye boots. i'm constantly being outbid on ebay. i run into every consignment shop i see, but alas, no luck. i wonder what i will find first, a sensible boyfriend or a sensible pair of vintage frye boots in a size 9.



4. robyn (fembot)
some of yall must remember robyn from the 90s. she had hits like "show me love" and "always be around". she still makes music, amazing music. she recently released her new single fembot and i have already played it at least 40 times since downloading it on its release day. how can you not love a song who's lyrics include:
"I got an inter access code upon the back of ma neck
Initiating slut mode of space cadets and dexters
A calculator in my pocket, got you all in check" 
she's uber talented and uber adorable when she dances. i almost want to bleach my hair and crop it into a cute pixie, but pamela would kill me...no really, she will flip a shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment