Tuesday, January 12, 2010

i wish you would step off from that ledge...

okay, so despite what may have come across in my avatar post, i have always really liked james cameron's work. sure aliens and terminator scared the crap out of me but they were still awesome; and i appreciate his consistent use of strong female characters. i think i watched true lies a dozen times when i was a kid. i think he has a gift of creating fictional universes that feel so real. he is able to captivate people and move them beyond belief. literally. beyond belief. because according to cnn, people are suicidal now, all because the world of pandora doesn't exist.

"Ever since I went to see 'Avatar' I have been depressed. Watching the wonderful world of Pandora and all the Na'vi made me want to be one of them. I can't stop thinking about all the things that happened in the film and all of the tears and shivers I got from it," Mike posted. "I even contemplate suicide thinking that if I do it I will be rebirthed in a world similar to Pandora and the everything is the same as in 'Avatar.'

i know it's only tuesday but...jesus, take the wheel!

this is just ridiculous. i totally understand that people make profound personal connections with movies (its the only way to explain my love for spice world and the room.) but at the end of the day, you have to put on the breaks and remember these are movies. sure you can dissect them and analyze them to find the meanings and metaphors, but they are still movies, moving pictures, pretend, make believe, not real life! i don't even know, this is escapism gone too far. sigh, oh the humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment