Saturday, February 20, 2010

paging veronica mars

the olympics last night were not as exciting as they had been night's before. therefore, i decided i should go to bed a bit earlier than usual. i laid in bed silently for what felt like hours. something was plaguing me. i couldn't figure it out. my bills were paid, my documents were saved, what was it? i turned my laptop back on, but nothing. then, like divine intervention, a name popped in my head.
Jonathan Taylor Thomas
 if you have recently seen/heard of this young man please contact bonnquisha.

what happened to JTT!?

long before zac efron and robert pattinson, there was jonathan taylor thomas aka JTT. he was the dreamy middle child on home improvement, tom sawyer, the voice of young simba. he was on the cover of teen beat and on the walls of young girl's and probably some boy's bedrooms across the country. (but not on mine, pamela wouldn't let me)

few people know about my torrid love affair with for JTT. circa 1995-1996, i was in love with JTT. it was beyond a crush, i cried when my friends mike and josh stole and drew devil horns and a mustache on a pocket size picture of the cast of home improvement that i used to carry with me. i cried when i heard the rumor that he was dating topanga. i even tried to convince my mom we should move to miami when my aunts teased me that he moved down there. it may have been one-sided, but it was totally love. however, it all ended when i discovered that he wasn't the singing voice of young simba in the lion king. i felt cheated, i felt betrayed.

so, fast forward to 2010 and there i was, thinking about what happened to my tween love. i began searching on google and imdb. all of a sudden, it's 1:30 am, i'm drinking a low budget hot toddy (hot lemonade & scotch), desperately trying to piece together where JTT is. sadly, after suspicious looking articles and posts dated 2007, i gave up. i determined this is a case for professionals, specifically veronica mars, which was one of his last imdb credits. 

i did stumble upon these rumors: 
-he  graduated from columbia with a ba in 2009
-he  lives in canada with his girlfriend
-he  is trying for a comeback
-he  is gay

the only thing that can be confirmed is that he is still under 5'6' and will always be the first love of my life. 

7 comments:

  1. erini this is magic. much as i LOVE vmars (and you do too!), he deserves better than having that be his last imdb credit.

    then again if he is too busy going to columbia/having a girlfriend/no girlfriend because he is actually gay, then... maybe he is too busy to be a star???

    hood love,
    --me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of lost boys of the 90s, I was watching an episode of Castle and Ryder Strong was guest starring. I LOL'd so hard that day ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard he went Harvard. I loved JTT in.... wait for iy.... WILD AMERICA - please tell me you have seen this movie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Mikelle btw, lol i'm not with technology i don't know how to post other than anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  5. to PHLHoodlum....shawn hunter?! what, what?

    Mikelle: umm, devon sawa & JTT in the same movie, of course i saw wild america!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/44418527.html

    Didn't read it, just saw Rider's photo.

    PS WTF is up with show parents. Rider should be Ryder. GOSH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! oh rider strong, i have no idea what that is, but all i know is that should've been JTT :(

    PS so glad my parents were show parents when it came to naming me...bonnquisha is golden!

    ReplyDelete