Wednesday, September 23, 2009

im on the line, one open mind

i have been on a pretty intense tears for over a month now. hence the title of my blog (everybody wants to rule the world), my ringtone (head over heels), as well as the titles of some of my posts. tears for fears has been heavily played on my itunes and its a permanent fixture on my "writing" playlist. i'm pretty sure my mother listened to a lot of tears for fears when she was pregnant with me ( and probably a lot of wham!) so i've always had a natural affinity towards the band. but, my reason obsession was triggered by something much more profound- the literal music video.



the video currently ranked number five on the huffington post's list of best literal music videos.  i only disagree with two of their rankings, mainly bc i can't stand creed, even fake creed. but i love under the bridge and total eclipse of the heart. there isn't much to literal videos: take an "artsy"/absurd music video and change the lyrics to match what is actually happening in the video. if my dad can understand it than so can you. (i'm not saying my dad is dumb. he is just been kind of a fob lately)

anyways, i also discovered this today. a true gem. i'm a sucker for this song and there is always a small tiny place in my heart kanye's ridiculousness. i can only hope that if aha every reunites and performs this song, that he will rush the stage and dance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment