Thursday, September 24, 2009

nice star wars sheets

ahh glee. i am almost a fangirl for this show. almost. i can totally forgive its overuse of high school stereotypes. ( i mean some of them are true i guess) and i can see that they are going to develop other characters (at a glacial pace). but the thing that is keeping me from being completely obsessed is this fake pregnancy fuckery. i see what they are trying to do here, the love to hate her character. but i dont even hate her, i just hate this lame plotline. it's not entertaining, it's annoying. i literally tune out when i hear the word baby. i really didn't like the idea in passions, didn't like it in the 45 sec of labor pains i watched, i kinda liked it in the room but i highly doubt that is the path glee wants to go down. with that said i'm pleased with the show and i just hope they will show merecdes as more than just a sassy black girl/fag hag aka ultimate big girl stereotype.

on a completely different note.

if there is one thing a lot of people don't guess about me, it's that i'm a comic-book/scifi nerd. not a huge one, i don't collect anything, but i dressed up as batman at age 2 1/2, i dream of going to comic-con, and last may i saw x-men then 15 minutes later i saw an advance screening of star trek, then i saw star trek the next night again. i bring this up because i inherited from my parents, mainly my dad. while my brother was watching star trek iv (the one about the whales) i began to think that my dad kinda looks like patrick stewart with hair. a few hours later my brother said dad looks like a young lenard nimoy. so i'm asking yall to settle a family debate. and if you have another suggestion, please let me know.BTW the inefficient detective said he looks like richard gere. this was after i made the collage but she might not be as far off as she usually is.( i mean she's known the man since she was 19) who do you think?


7 comments:

  1. looks a little like both

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you know about the best soap opera of ALL time: Passions.

    And agreed - I do not like this fake pregnancy one bit. I hate the character, and will end up hating the actress (which I realize is stupid, but... I can't help it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgahh passions was such a hot mess but i loved it & this is the third annoying character this actress has played...i don't know what that means.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was devastated when it was cut off the air. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get all the eps from the NBC archives.

    Annoying character might mean annoying actress? Could you imagine only getting those roles. Sad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. if patrick stewart had a love child with richard gere

    ReplyDelete
  6. more like nimoy but he resembles both!

    ps. ur dad is such a dilf, does that make you uncomfortable??



    pps. my best friend from hs used to be obsessed with passions. she used me make me watch lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are my passion for lifeee.

    rachel- i've gotten used to hearing that since i was 15. i just have to remember how socially awkward he is.

    ReplyDelete